To start, or continue, your journey in becoming a DIY party planner, I encourage you to put together your own go-to party planning kit.
Planning an event will be stress-free if you plan appropriately and save time by having the right supplies handy when you need them.
I have found these six supplies useful in every party planning situation – especially for last minute projects.
Here are some ways I personally use these must have party planning supplies:
- Colored Paper: I design and print my own tent cards for guest seating or to label buffet-style food.
- Scissors: My favorite brand of scissors to use are CUTCO. I use them for everything, even to prep food.
- String / Ribbon: I have ribbon in various colors and sizes. On holidays I will make large fabric bows and tie them on my kitchen cabinet doors.
- Colored Markers: When I am short on time or run out of printer ink to make my banners or tent cards, I always have my supply of markers as back up.
- Tape / Glue: The three main adhesive products I use regularly are clear tape, E6000 glue, and a hot glue gun.
- Thumb Tacks: I use tacks to hang my banners by tying the string end of each banner to each tack and pushing the tacks into the wall at the distance needed – easy peasy!
What other supplies do you have in your party planning kit?
Happy savings … and remember to have fun!